South area service centre
- Churchill Gardens
- Churchill Gardens contact info
- Churchill Gardens estate services
- Churchill Gardens in the area
- Churchill Gardens resident groups
- Churchill Gardens estate inspection and cleaning
- Churchll Gardens staff listings
- Churchill Gardens and Russell House local newsletters
- Pimlico District Heating Undertaking (PDHU)
- Lillington and Longmoore
- Pimlico Street Properties
- Soho and Covent Garden
- Churchill Gardens
- Central area service centre
- West area service centre
- North area service centre
Churchill Gardens in the area
Churchill Gardens was developed between 1946 and 1962 by architects Powell and Moya. Made up of 1800 dwellings, spread across 39 blocks, it is the single largest estate in Westminster.
It was designated a conservation area in 1990, and in 1998 six blocks (Gilbert House, Sullivan House, Coleridge House, Shelley House, Keats House and Chaucer House), and the Accumulator Tower were listed Grade II.
The estate has its own youth club; the Annexe, as well a thriving community hall, which is managed by their very own Residents' Association. Additionally, there are 3 football pitches, 4 playground areas and 2 schools, all located on the grounds.
The estate benefits from four playgrounds. These are located at the following locations:
- Keats/ Shelley Fair sized play area adjacent to youth club. Recently refurbished in 2009 with funding from the Big Lottery fund
- Anson and Ripley Fair sized predominantly grassed play area. Diverse age appropriate equipment.
- Elgar and Chippendale Large predominantly grassed play area. Diverse age appropriate equipment. Disabled access with disabled equipment. Fair condition.
- Russell House - Small fenced playground built in 2004 for 8’s and under. Disabled access. Multi-play system only. Picnic area. Very good condition and well maintained.
Churchill Gardens youth club, Churchill Gardens Estate SW1 Large ground floor facility. Large main hall area, IT Suite, kitchen, office, toilets.
The Pimlico District Heating Undertaking (PDHU)
The PDHU is owned by Westminster City Council and managed by CityWest Homes. Built over 50 years ago to help combat London’s air pollution, the PDHU continues to be a crucial source of clean, affordable energy in the city. Located on Churchill Gardens estate, London, the PDHU is the UK’s first combined heat and power network and provides heating and hot water services to 3,256 homes, 50 commercial premises and three schools in the area. You can find out more about the PDHU here.