CityWest Homes Website Accessibility Statement
CityWest Homes – Cwh.org.uk is committed to providing a website that is accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of technology or ability. We are actively working to increase the accessibility and usability of our website and in doing so adhere to many of the available standards and Government guidelines.
This site has been built using code compliant with W3C standards for HTML and CSS. The site displays correctly in current browsers and using standards compliant HTML/CSS code means any future browsers will also display it correctly.
We’ve made every effort to make the website compatible with assistive technology.
This site has been tested with the following screen readers:
- JAWS 16 - Job Access with Speech (opens in a new tab or window)
- NVDA 11 - Non Visual Desktop Access (opens in a new tab or window)
- VoiceOver - (opens in a new tab or window)
The site should also be compatible with:
- Basic operating system screen magnifiers such as ZoomText 10 magnifier (opens in a new tab or window)
- Speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking 13 (opens in a new tab or window)
- Operating system speech packages:
- Windows – Ease of access centre (opens in a new tab or window)
- Apple Mac (opens in a new tab or window)
Additional help can be found on the AbilityNet website:
- Make your mouse easier to move – (opens in a new tab or window)
- Use your keyboard instead of a mouse – (opens in a new tab or window)
- Talk to your device – (opens in a new tab or window)
- Make your device talk to you – (opens in a new tab or window)
- Make text larger – (opens in a new tab or window)
- Change your colours – (opens in a new tab or window)
- Magnify the screen – (opens in a new tab or window)
Whilst CityWest Homes strives to adhere to the accepted guidelines and standards for accessibility and usability, it is not always possible to do so in all areas of the website.
We use the following third party tools to enhance the functionality of our website and thus have little control over the level of accessibility offered by them. However we will always try to offer an accessible alternative where possible.
- HotJar (opens in a new tab or window) - We use Hotjar to gather analytics and feedback via our website. The Hotjar tab is available on the left hand side of the page throughout the website. We are aware that when using screenreaders the tab order can be broken when it encounters the HotJar tab. As an alternative users can also submit feedback using our online forms
- Microsoft Bot Framework (opens in a new tab or window) – ‘Howie’ is the name of our new Chatbot. It was built using the Microsoft Bot Framework. We are working to make the Chatbot more accessible for users, however all of the information displayed can be found on the website in an accessible format
- A recent update has introduced a bug on the search results page which means that 'Views' are outputting empty fields as H2 tags. This is a known bug in Drupal that we are attempting to fix at the moment
The CityWest Homes website endeavors to conform to level Double-A of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) Web Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0. (opens in a new tab or window) These guidelines explain how to make web content more accessible for people with disabilities. Conformance with these guidelines will help make the web more user friendly for all people.
We are continually seeking out solutions that will bring all areas of the site up to the same level of overall web accessibility. Your feedback helps us to develop and improve our website.
This accessibility statement was last updated: 04/12/17