The council is responsible for your building insurance, and part of your service charge covers this cost.

Your building is insured under policy number 346141 with Ocaso SA. The premiums are up to date.

If the incident date of your claim was before 1 April 2016, please contact Zurich Home Claims on 0800 026 1841 and quote policy number 10/006460/05500377.

How to make a claim

If an incident happens which you believe may require a claim on the building insurance, you should make the claim within 30 days. To make a claim, please contact Ocaso SA.
Call: 0344 856 2032

If something happens in a communal area, or there is a problem with part of a shared building such as a roof or hallway, please call our customer services team on 0800 358 3783 (8.30 am to 5 pm, Monday to Friday).


If an emergency incident happens out of working hours, you can call our out of hours emergency line.
Call: 0207 286 7412.

There is also an emergency line for the insurance company, Ocaso SA.
Call: 0344 856 2032.

The policy excess (the first part of any claim which you must pay) is £100.


In line with most building insurance policies, there are some exclusions which you need to be aware of. The insurance policy will not cover certain events such as if your flat has been unoccupied for more than 30 days.

For full details on what the policy covers, excludes and other general information on excess and payment limits please read the building insurance leaflet.

Home contents insurance

We strongly recommend that you organise your own contents insurance to protect your belongings and to cover damage to your possessions. We do not insure your furniture, belongings or decorations against theft, fire, vandalism or burst pipes.

Westminster City Council offers a home contents insurance policy specifically designed for tenants and leaseholders with Aviva Insurance.