As a leaseholder you will be responsible for the majority of repairs within your home, however there are some repairs we take responsibility for. Detailed guidance concerning the repairs you are responsible for is shown in your leaseholder handbook.
If the responsibility for the repair is ours, we will arrange for our contractors to attend and remedy the problem as soon as possible and at a time convenient to you. If the repair is your responsibility, we are available to provide advice and support should you require it and confirm the extent of the repairs you will need to undertake.
If we need to send someone to your home to carry out repairs or checks, you should expect our contractor operatives to be fully trained, polite and efficient. We continually review the quality of their work and monitor how our contractors behave in your home.
You can expect operatives employed by CityWest Homes contractors to:
- keep their appointments or change them in good time
- carry and show an identity card
- work efficiently and neatly
- treat your home with consideration
- be polite and respectful at all times
- clear up after themselves.
In return, we ask you to:
- give them access to your home at the agreed appointment time – or change it as soon as possible if you find you can no longer be at home on the date/time when the appointment was set
- check the contractor’s identity card
- not leave children under 18 years old unattended in your home while operatives are present