The handyperson services that we and Westminster City Council provide are intended to target works that would not normally have enough priority to be completed when competing for funds from our day-to-day repairs budget. The works that are carried out by our handyperson service tend to be those that can make a positive visual impact on a neighbourhood and improve our blocks and estates whereas the service provided by Westminster can help with improvements within your home.
CityWest Homes handyperson service
Our team carries out external and internal communal works on estates across the borough. These works are normally works that would not be picked up under the repairs budget.
The type of jobs we will do include:
- brick work repairs
- repairs and repainting of sheds and garages
- repainting parking bay lines
- replacing fencing
- building planters
- carpentry works
- repairing and varnishing benches
- repainting lobbies and stairwells
- graffiti removal
- redecoration of community centres and halls
- small tarmacing works.
Jobs we can’t do:
- in-flat works
- electrical and gas related works
If you would like to contact the handyperson service call us on 0800 358 3783.
Westminster City Council handyperson service
Westminster City Council offer a free handyperson service for all residents in Westminster who are either aged 60 and over or in receipt of a disability allowance. They carry out jobs that they can do in a maximum of half a day. Any qualifying resident can use the service twice in any 12 months. The first £50 of materials are provided free but anything that costs more has to be paid for by the recipient of the work.
The type of jobs they can do include:
- minor repairs to stairs and floors
- minor plumbing jobs
- replacing broken windows, door handles and locks
- fixing loose carpet
- replacing light bulbs, plugs and fuses
- small areas of tiling
- fitting or replacing hand rails
- re-hanging or adjusting of doors
- fitting grab rails.
Jobs they can’t do:
- internal and external decoration,
- works to gas, water, electric appliances or electric supplies.