If something needs repairing in your home, or in your building, we will support you through every step of the repairs process.
If the responsibility for the repair is ours we will arrange for our contractors to attend and remedy the problem as soon as possible and at a time convenient to you. Detailed guidance concerning the repairs we cover is shown in your tenants handbook.
We take care of most repairs in these areas:
- the roof, walls, most windows and most external doors
- drains, gutters and outside pipes
- internal walls and ceilings
- selected kitchen and bathroom fittings and internal pipework - but we do not replace toilet seats unless your property is part of a sheltered scheme
- we’ll visit once a year to check gas boilers, fires and pipes/flues are working safely
- electrical wiring and fittings - but we do not replace or fit replacement light bulbs or fluorescent tubes
- smoke alarms and carbon monoxide detectors
- criminal damage to windows, door and locks
- door entry systems and lock repairs - but not Yale locks to individual properties
- any communal areas.
In return, we ask you to:
- keep internal decoration in good condition, including the paintwork and wooden surfaces
- replace lost or damaged keys, broken toilet seats, light bulbs, bath/sink plugs and other minor items
- provide and repair your own TV aerials, washing lines, shower heads, shower curtains and curtain rails
- repair or replace dividing fences and front and back gates when required
- repair any areas of your home damaged by you or your guests
- install appliances correctly and safely and to do so in accordance with current safety guidelines and legistation. This is critically important with gas appliances such as cookers and boilers.
We may need to send someone to your home to carry out repairs or checks. When we do you can expect our contractor operatives to be fully trained, polite and efficient. We continually review the quality of their work and monitor how our contractors behave in your home.
You can expect our operatives to:
- keep their appointments or change them in good time
- carry and show an identity card
- work tidily and efficiently
- treat your home with consideration
- be polite and respectful at all times
- clear up when they have finished.
In return, we ask you to:
- give them access to your home at the agreed appointment time or to change it as soon as possible if you find you can no longer keep to it
- check the contractor’s identity card
- not leave any under 18 year olds unattended in your home while our operatives are present
- refrain from smoking whilst the operative is in attendance at your home.
Find out how to report a repair here.