The Notting Hill Carnival takes place from Sunday 27 – Monday 28 August 2017.
This year, carnival will be particularly important and poignant as residents of North Kensington and the wider community continue to recover from the tragic events of the Grenfell Tower fire.
There will be a one-minute silence held at 3pm on Monday 28 August 2017 to show respect for victims of the tragedy.
The council’s residents’ advice leaflet contains information and contact details for residents who live along the carnival route. Information on parking and road closures is also available on the council’s website.
There is a programme of events for all the family over carnival weekend. View what’s on at the Notting Hill Carnival website.
Roads and travel
There will be road closures in the Notting Hill, Ladbroke Grove and Westbourne Park areas over the bank holiday weekend. The road closures will also make traffic around the event area busier than usual.
View full travel and road disruption information for areas affected on the TFL website.
Many parking bays will be suspended over carnival weekend, most of which will be residential parking bays. You cannot park in suspended bays during the dates and times shown on the suspension notices. Find full information about parking on the Westminster City Council website.
The council’s residents’ advice leaflet contains information and contact details for residents who live along the carnival route.
Police: Always dial 999 in an emergency. For non-emergencies, please dial 101.
Advice for CityWest Homes residents
If you live on Brunel or Wessex estates, you will be affected by Carnival and we have already been in touch to let you know how you will be impacted. Some parts of Queen’s Park will also be affected.
Please read the following information to help us make carnival a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone:
• please remember to carry your proof of residency such as photo card driving licences or utility bills during the weekend. You will need these documents to access your estate
• vehicles will be unable to enter or exit Brunel or Wessex estates from 6am - 10pm on Sunday 27 and Monday 28 August 2017. If you have a vehicle parked in Dartmouth House car park, this will be closed from Sunday morning until the end of the carnival. We will have security guards in place at the car park entrance from Saturday morning to prevent trader’s vehicles being able to enter the car park. You will need proof of address to be able to enter the car park from Saturday morning
• if you have guests, they will need to be collected from a security gate or have a letter to show their name and reason for their visit
• Chepstow Road/Westbourne Park Road entrance to Brunel estate will be closed all day and will only be accessible to emergency vehicles
• The rear entrance of Keyham House will be closed. Please use the main entrance and put your rubbish down the bin chute.